Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Indianapolis

Last week I had the oppurtunity to visit Indianapolis for a week for a vacation.

Here is the beautiful Indiana Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument on Monument Circle completed in 1901. It was created to honor veterans of the American Revolution.






This flower stood all alone in a random corner at the edge of a street. I thought it was beautiful.


I love wishing fountains and this one did not dissapoint. This cute little frog fountain was located at the entrance of the circle centre mall - a place that I spent a LOT of my spare time!




One night we went to the top of the Hyatt hotel for dinner. The restaraunt was called the Eagle's Nest. It was so high up and slowly rotated so that in the span of an hour you would see the city from every side! Such a great experience. This is the capital building from the restaraunt.


Although I am a vegetarian, someone else ordered this filet mignon. Everyone's food was amazing and the service was impeccable. I would most definately recommend the restaraunt.


There was a quiet little garden near our hotel. I thought it was cool how you could see the capital through the walkway.

I spent a lot of my time shopping while I was here. My two main locations during the trip were Circle Centre Mall and Keystone Mall.

I bought...
- a beautiful pastel watercolor scarf from H&M for $4.50
- a heart two finger connector ring for $3.50 at forever 21
- a rhinestone bunny ring for $7.80 at forever 21
- a colorful skirt for $12.50 at TJ Maxx
- an orange and pink print dress for $25 at TJ Maxx
- a yellow leopard maxi dress for $25 at H&M
- a black mini high waisted pencil skirt for $20 at Faith Boutique Collections
- a denim trumpet skirt for $20 at Faith Boutique Collections

Here are the two rings I purchased at forever 21: the bunny ring and the two finger heart connector ring. The third is my grandmother's old ring that she gave to me.


 
Yes, I know. Perhaps I bought alot, but I could not resist. Where I live we have absolutely no good stores and the deals were phenominal!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment